OUR PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVES
- Common Ground Fellowship and its members seek to be servants of Christ, ministering to the total needs of people and firmly stating that the fellowship is open to all and closed to none, a progressive fellowship that embraces diversity.
- We seek to cooperate in the global witness to Christ by meeting needs in Bristol and beyond. We seek to minister through our own efforts, partner with other community, church, and faith-based groups, and give financially to provide food, water, clothing, and justice for the needy, care for the sick and mercy for those in bondage.
- We seek to increase the joy and celebration of life through a variety of worship, educational, and learning experiences designed to enable the individual, the family, and the church to grow in faith through their journey with Christ.
- We seek to create a ministering congregation where each individual is a responsible minister, committed to financial discipleship, and committed to a personal commitment of time and energy to ministries as an embodiment of stewardship.
- We seek to be a fellowship of acceptance and forgiveness, where each one learns the discipline of “agape” love and the joy of bearing one another’s burdens and caring for each other, and where each can discover his/her gifts and talents and help others do the same.
- We seek to reflect Jesus Christ and point others toward the love and grace of God.
- We believe in God, who like a trustworthy and health-giving parent, is near to us and strong to help us.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, in whom we see God; He is for us the way of truth and life.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, whose life is in us, giving us new life and healing strength for our souls.
- We believe God created the world, creates humankind in God’s own image, and desires to engage humanity in spiritual relationships that lead to the ways of love, liberty and the fullness of life.
- We believe the church is a community of individuals who confess Jesus as Lord and who place their faith and trust in God as revealed in scripture, history, and contemporary experience. As Christians, we are called, nourished, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to be a community of love and servanthood.
- We believe God is present, speaking to us through prayer, the Bible, other people, and creation.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sin. We believe in the reconciling power of God in each life and in the world. We believe that humanity is meant to participate in God’s Kingdom work of bringing peace and hope, justice and equality, the relief of suffering and pain, and the final triumph of love and grace.
- Beyond these shared values and beliefs, a great diversity of personal faith, beliefs, and values are found and treasured within our community. We expect no conformity to any creed, and we affirm the priesthood of every believer.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS
For more information, consult our Common Ground Fellowship Constitution and Bylaws, adopted December 16, 2012.